Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Modern Day Style :: Marilyn Monroe

I've been looking forward to today's post as I absolutely adore the lovely Marilyn Monroe. So please allow me to introduce you to one of my favourite bloggers, Julie, who I think you will agree has created an extraordinarily fabulous modern day Marilyn. 

***

Marilyn (for Little Bits of Lovely)

Hello, everyone! Julie here from Julie Leah: A life & style blog. I'm so happy to be here today participating in Rachel's fabulous modern day style series. When she contacted me about guest posting, I immediately knew I wanted to do an updated Marilyn Monroe. What made her such an icon, aside from her signature beauty mark and sultry glare, was her sensational sense of style. Figure-hugging dresses, perfectly fitted sweaters, glamorous makeup, and striking accessories - that's what we know and love about the original blonde bombshell. Below is my take on a modern Marilyn, complete with her signature scent and iPhone, of course.

**

Modern Day Monroe (for Little Bits of Lovely)
Sweater, ALLOY // Capris, J BRAND // Heels, CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN
Earrings, LOREN HOPE // Bracelet, LOREN HOPE // iPhone Case, KATE SPADE
Lipstick, ESTEE LAUDER // Polish, ESSIE // Perfume, CHANEL // Eyeliner, E.L.F

***

Thank you so much for having me today, Rachel!

***


See more Modern Day Style posts:





13 comments:

  1. That sweater is perfect! I would totally wear this out fit no matter what era!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Erika- that sweater really is so fitting! I love what you put together here-- really summons her essence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such elegant looks. MM is timeless!

    xo
    Alison

    heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks incredible in this collection of photos! It's a rarity to see her street style posted to emulate every day casual wear instead of the ultra glam screen siren we're used to seeing....It's all about itty bitty bright nights with just a hint of nautical chic, you've TOTALLY nailed it with this ensemble! Beautifully styled!

    Would love to get your thoughts on my most recent hotel renovation when you get a chance! Hope to see you soon!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Marilyn! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great outfit - timeless!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous post! Thanks for introducing us to another fabulous blog :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater is gorgeous, colour, shape, fabric. The entire look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a perfect Marilyn outfit. Love that purple sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the perfect Marilyn look!

    ReplyDelete