Saturday, February 13, 2010

My kitchen: by day and by night

One of the things I wanted to do this year is was sharpen my photography skills. I have dabbled in photography fleetingly in the past and always loved it but never took the time to learn the craft properly.

So, having recently acquired a Canon 30D from a friend on an indefinite loan, I couldn't pass up the the opportunity to learn.


And what better way of learning than taking shots of our apartment, right? 

The first shots I have taken are from our kitchen. We have a galley style kitchen with virtually no bench space, so overcome this problem we recently purchase a benchtop from Ikea, which has made a monumental improvement to the space.

It now means I have room to spread out when cooking and extra storage, which always comes in handy! On the other side we have 3 barstools that create an extra seating area and another 'zone' in the apartment.

Next up: the living area.

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment