Wednesday, November 10, 2010

House Tour {Canadian Family Home}


How refreshingly cheerful is this Toronto family home? I love how the colour pallette of yellow, white and green has brightened each room.

So what's on my lovely list?

* The picture frame wall in the dining room
* The drum-barrel light fitting and DIY headboard in the bedroom
* Louis style chair, which was falling apart but has been lovingly restored to pristine condition - what a find!
* Mosaic tile work in the kitchen - plus it's an IKEA kitchen!
* The living room has been cleverly done on a budget; you would never guess that the sofa is from a garage sale and that it has slip covers over the cushions. And the arm chairs have been reupholstered after being found on Craigslist for $90 - very impressive.


This renovation has definitely provided me with some much needed inspiration for our apartment...Still unfinished! Hope this has brightened your Wednesday much as it has mine :)










Image Credits: Style at Home, photographed by Stacey Brandford

4 comments:

  1. Lovely little drops of yellow - this is a cute place - but best of all, I love the yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little home! I'm loving the quirky kitchen and the dark wooden floors! Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, all that yellow! I LOVE love love yellow right now!

    What a sunny happy house.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Am now your latest follower and also put you on my blog roll so that I don't loose you.

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete