Monday, May 28, 2012

Taking the leap



Hi lovelies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. I went apartment hunting on Saturday; found the perfect apartment and was lucky enough to get it! You may remember my little apartment wish list and I'm thrilled to say that it ticks all of the boxes. I absolutely cannot wait to get started decorating and setting up my new home. As an added bonus it's in an incredible location, right in the middle of Potts Point + within walking distance to pretty much everything. There is an fresh food market right across the road every weekend that has delicious food; organic fruit/veg + flowers. Yes, I'm going to love it!


To put this in perspective, for what seems like the longest time (even though its only been 5 months) I have felt my life has been on hold until I work out "what I'm going to do". But, after reading a post Annie wrote last week, I realised that I was spending too much time worrying about the future, so much so that I forgot what was in front of me and how good it could be, and how much I haven't been listening to my heart. So with that I've decided to take my own advice and take a leap, a leap into the unknown. I have no solid plans, just lots of ideas and an open heart + mind. 


The whole thing is moving fast - I'm signing the lease on Friday + will be moving in Saturday...So things may be quiet around here this week whilst I pack + get everything organised, but I will pop in when I can!


Until then, have a fabulous week ahead,


Rachel xo

Image via

24 comments:

  1. best of luck Rachel I'm sure you will be very happy there! and ready for your ext adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like exciting things ahead Rachel! Best of luck with the move :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Good luck with your packing and moving...Potts Point is such a beautiful area.:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel, I am so incredibly happy for you!! An apartment is a BIG thing, and it sounds like you scored an amazing one. I'm also SO happy that you liked and understood my post-- I really think that sometimes all we can do is stay focused on the present moment, and decide what's best for us right now. You will figure everything out as it comes. I will be thinking of you as you move and sending you good energy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I loved your post, thank YOU for being so inspiring! Sometimes it takes hearing it from someone else :) Thanks lady for your support xx

      Delete
  5. That sounds perfect!
    Congratulations and have fun packing/unpacking ;-)
    So loving your attitude, girl, and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i am so happy for you! and so jealous of you haha. Pott's point is incred! I can't wait to move back to Sydney!

    good luck with the move :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How super exciting for you. Enjoy the leap and good luck with the move. Hugs from a far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Things turn out best for those who makes the best of the way things turn out" - I found that quote by an unknown author when my marriage broke up almost ten years ago and I have it framed on my wall where my little girls from my new marriage can see it. Things can turn out best with an attitude like yours!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds perfect Rachel, I love that part of the world, I lived in Elizabeth Bay (just down the road from Potts Point) for a long time before I moved to the north shore of Sydney and had kids, you'll have a great time there, it's even better now, lots of gorgeous shops!
    Love the quote above and totally agree! Wish you all the best in your new place, always follow your heart, nothing else will make you feel right xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia! I'm definitely looking forward to exploring the area more; there are stacks of gorgeous interior + clothing boutiques that have opened which I'm dying to visit! xx

      Delete
  10. Living spontaneously, for me, is one of the best ways you can live. Not knowing what can happen is such a thrill.
    You're apartment sounds wonderful! I'm dreading going apartment shopping..

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Such a lovely positive post - I hope the move goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting for you and so important to enjoy the moment. Hope the move goes well - Good Luck!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so exciting! Good luck on the move ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you have everything you need for a new start: lots of ideas and an open heart and mind. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on finding your apartment! I can't wait to see it and see your decorating in action. So glad you have surpassed those long 5 months and now have exciting new things happening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds fantastic! I would love to live within walking distance of a market...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah Rachel I am so so happy for you! :) I cannot wait to see your new place and how you decorate it and I just know it's going to be the perfect fit for this time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes I worry too much about life, but at the end of the day you realize that life is simple, inhale/exhale is what keeps us alive!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I couldn't agree more! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Rachel, best of luck with the new apartment! I'm sure the decoration will be beautiful...please share some pictures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated congrats Rachel! Fabulous advice, also x

    ReplyDelete