Monday, January 10, 2011

Beachside cottage escape


Even though I'm back at work, my mind is definitely still on holidays, especially after a weekend full of sunshine and blissful endless summer days...

Which is why I thought it would be fitting to have a little escape on the blog today and share with you this lovely beach-side cottage featured in the January issue of Real Living.


The beach-side cottage, owned by stylist Tara Sloggett, has been furnished with a combination of new and pre-loved character pieces like this fab beach-style cabinet (above), the dining chairs and table (below). 

Tara also features lots of artwork around her home, like the Ladies Lunch piece (above) by South African artist Karin Miller.


I love the overwhelming sense of space and light which has been achieved by painting all walls and floors white and installing a glass roof in the back section of the house.


How cool are the retro-style TV cabinet and armchair? A fun way to make bare walls come alive is is using art decal - Tara has used this in both the living room (above) and bathroom (below).


I let out a gasp when I saw this ultra-cool bedroom and bathroom; what a genius idea to create the ensuite in the same room as the bedroom!

Like it/love it? Definitely love for me.


Thanks for indulging in my beach cottage escape!










All images via Real Living, January/February 2011

6 comments:

  1. Dreamy- nothing I love more than a white washed cottage. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I especially love the first one with the great lampshade...I just re-did one this weekend...the one in the pic is really great.
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful pics! Happy Monday!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blu unit in the first image!!
    have a fabulous day,
    laura c xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thsi sunshine-filled space is just what I needed to see as January here in the UK is dull, grey and very cold! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your soothing, beachy look!
    I just started a new blogsite actually called beachside cottage with blog flipflopsandsand - I'm going to feature your blog/site on my page...in the meantime, if you want to check it out, it's
    http://www.beachsidecottage.blogspot.com
    I look forward to checking in with your site and blogs for inspiration (and mental vacations!!!) :0)

    ReplyDelete